Friday, January 2, 2009

Goals..a new year

I've always been a list maker. At least for the last four years while in college. I thought it was the best way to keep me organized and to keep track of my goals each day. I would say 9 out of 10 times I never completed my goals fully but mostly because they were always unrealistic but I recently stumbled upon a list I was required to turn in for senior thesis second semester last year. I was happily surprised when I realized that I met all of my goals that semester. It made me feel really happy so I am trying to see the same results with this new list.

1. Practice Portuguese three times per week. (I originally had every day written and decided I was crazy for thinking that was possible)

2. Make something once a week. Whether that be a drawing, sculpture, design, collage, painting, knitting. Doesn't have to necessarily mean something just something I feel like making. I think I am over thinking things too much. I struggle just to get started and really just need to MAKE. I miss just working on something. The first month I was living in Brazil I was having a lot of trouble adjusting to everything so I began to try to work on my newspaper sculpture and quickly became bored with it. I didn't want it to be the same and felt it wasn't the same working on it then. I did however enjoy clipping out images and creating collages in my journal. Since I didn't have a lot of money I started creating mixed cds for my friends I met in Brazil and would create collages for some of the covers. A lot of them didn't mean much. I just liked the images and had fun doing it.

3. Become more healthy. This is a pretty broad statement. Can happen in many different ways. All of which I probably need to work on.

4. Maintain this blog!

5. Try to be more positive. More self-confidence. Things will get better.

6. Save up and work for the next few months before heading back to Baltimore.

7. Visit Rio in July for at least a month before school starts.

8. Create a new floor piece for my show at ROY G BIV in June.

I am sure there are more..just all I can think of off the top of my head for now.

No comments: