Friday, January 16, 2009

New thoughts. New Work

I am going to be completely honest...I'm just going to come out and say it..I've been having a tough time making new work! On another note..I am going to continue working off the last paper technique I came up with but feel the need to make some more two dimensional work right now.

I guess I just feel this pressure to make something greater than the last work I made and that stresses me out which causes me not to want to make any? I guess it is a little ridiculous but sadly the fact. So the other day I decided to start working on something. Something new. Fresh. Anything that got me making and this is what I've started. I decided to share it. It does seem like much right now but it is kind of the beginning to something that I think could be really exciting. These are very very rough sketches.





I've always had an interest in mapping. It has been apart of my work before and am starting to experiment with using newspaper to create mappings. They will definitely become much more complex but I have to get a good technique down first. I will post more when I have some completed. Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

No comments: