Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Picture of the Day- Ouro Preto, MG

I am going to try something new...to keep myself more on track with my blog, I am going to start posting a picture of the day. Each picture I post will be related to my trip. I recently realized, that I am a pretty forgetful person. I didn't do a whole lot of writing while I was on my trip so now is my time to reflect and share the stories.



I took this picture while I was visited a city that is 5 hours north of Rio de Janeiro called Ouro Preto. In English this would translate as Black Gold and at one time this was the prosperous capital of gold mining in the country. I had read a little bit about this little city during my research and thought I had to see it for myself. It is known for its beautiful Baroque style churches and hilly mountain sides. The streets are pretty small and narrow so it was easy to walk everywhere by foot, the only problem was the size of some of these hills. It was definitely a workout.

No comments: