Saturday, September 26, 2009

Fernando Casás

This past week, when I was working in Katie's studio she showed me a book with pieces made by an artist by the named of Fernando Casás. He is an artist native of Rio and his work focuses on the theme of things in nature. Since I traveled this past weekend for some bit of time on a plane, I had the chance to read the book and look more into his work. I thought the book had a good quote I wanted to share.

"Perhaps the most supreme, most radical exercise of art is an exercise of withdrawl. Creation is not an act of power; it is an act of acceptance of aknowledgement. Creation carries within it the sign of femininity. It is not an act of penatration into matter, but rather a passionate desire to be penetrated by matter. To create is to generate a state of availability, in which the first thing created is an empty space. And the only thing that the artist perchance creates is the space for creation."

Fernando Casás

Here are somewhat more professional images of my pieces I have made. Two more are on the way..but it is taking me awhile. I want to take new photos because I spoke with a few shops in Leblon and am hoping to maybe sell some pieces. We shall see.

Posted by Picasa


Posted by Picasa




Posted by Picasa


Posted by Picasa


Posted by Picasa


Posted by Picasa

No comments: