Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Back to Rio

It has been awhile since I have posted so I thought I better start again since I finally have a little bit of free time for the next week. Since I've last wrote on this blog things have been pretty busy and good. I worked on an artist site for my mentor and friend Ledelle Moe and I recently just had a show in Columbus, Ohio at ROY G BIV Gallery and will be giving an artist talk THIS Saturday followed by the de-installation process, which is always fun. I am in fact heading to Brazil very soon. In a few weeks in fact and wanted to be sure that I started writing again so I would continue on my trip as well.

So awhile back, my good friend Rachel introduced me to a search engine called StumbleUpon and in the last few days I decided for fun to search images and websites related to Rio. I found a few good sites with some photographs I love. Here are a small bit of the many I found. Needless to say, lots of images to come!

The first set of images I found are all older photographs of Rio from the 60s and 70s. I picked these images because each one of them have somethings to do with my last trip there. They spark a memories from different occasions and encounters I had. What is it about black and white photography that I am always intrigued by? I loved to see the progression and change that happens over years of time as well as the minute changes sometimes overlook.







No comments: