Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Time Flies..

I mentioned in my last post that I was going to be leaving Baltimore, and heading back to Columbus. It turns out I haven't made it home yet. I am still in Baltimore and working on getting started on a few temp projects that will keep me here for at least another month. It feels nice to finally be busy and back to my normal routine but also frustrating because I lost a lot of my free time for things such as this blog so I am going to try really really hard to start updating again. It just might not be as frequently for awhile.

I started working downtown at the Maryland Science Center for this cell exhibit. It is going to last for three weeks. It is nice to be actually working on a job that is related to my field. Today we used saws and angle grinders and shaped styrofoam all day. Kind of fun but really messy. It sticks to your clothes really bad. I am excited though to learn some new materials and techniques. It will be good for me. I also am freelance for my professor and friend Ledelle Moe and maybe working another job on the side. Busy busy busy! I hope I am not over doing it...I need to figure out how to balance my time between everything so I can enjoy it and not stress so much.

Last week, in the middle of all my job searching... I started looking into courses at JHU to learn Portuguese. I think it would be a lot of fun and really good for me. I want to learn Portuguese well and feel comfortable with it. I also started looking into the Fulbright and know the ones from Brazil want you to be more fluent in the language. It is really important to me so I know I will put the time into it. I also found someone on Craiglist, who lives in Baltimore and is willing to tutor me for a pretty reasonable price so I think we will start meeting soon.

Things are really looking up!! I just now need to figure out where I might be living for the next several months. Currently I am camping out at my friend's space. She lives in an old warehouse in the city called the Copycat. Kind of a neat space. I like it. A little dirty though but really large so it allows people to have a studio inside their apartment. Pretty sweet. Here is a few pics of the place.



No comments: