Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Apparently I am not too good with these updates!



Progress..takes.....

time and energy and engagement.

At times it can be hard..but you have to keep going!


My new work area. At the beginning I thought about working outside in the empty garage behind my house but quickly realized it wouldn't be the best option for my work: paper, humid climate, and lots of rain equals a disaster for a paper artist.

I have been experimenting with a pretty familiar material for residence of Goiânia. These are tickets you use to get on the bus. When you enter the bus there is a machine that you pass the ticket through or when u enter the bus terminal. Once it is used it is thrown in the trash and I began to notice how many can be found on the streets, stations, and even on the floor of the bus.

Me and my crazy ideas...

Why not collect this material! So now I've started to make some colleges and sculptures. It has been refreshing to try a different quality and type of paper. I am collecting the material in masses. There is a bus terminal close to my house and I try to go everyday to gather more tickets. There is even one guy who works there that started separating the tickets for me..I usually dig them out of the trash bag that hangs below the machine..yeah..I am sure it looks really strange to locals. A gringa digging through the trash but I would do the same in the US..

And coming soon...actually a lot sooner than I may be prepared for.....

No comments: